Sunday, February 27, 2011

e.l.f. cosmetics and a review of L'Oreal's gel liner!

     I've never actually tried any of the e.l.f. products, but after watching a few YouTube vlogs on the quality of their myriad products (and being lured in by the insanely low price of their lipstick), I decided to order a few things off of the web site. which I was, admittedly, reluctant to do, as e.l.f. eye shadows, lip glosses, and blushes are sold at my local Target. my Target, however, doesn't carry much of a selection! no lip stick, no nail polish, and only a few palettes. I was also hesitant to purchase from the web site due to the fact that they charge $6.95 for shipping (yeesh). but since I rarely buy anything for myself anymore, I forged ahead and made a purchase of three nail polishes (Coral, Bubblegum Pink, and Innocent) and two lipsticks (Runway Pink and a Natural Nymph). in addition to these products, e.l.f. also sends a free gift if you're able to refer three friends to their web site; which I hastily did, 'cause who doesn't like free stuff? anyhow, as soon as my order arrives, expect a review of at least one of the nail polishes and both lipsticks!

     and now, onto an actual review of a product!

     although it's only a drugstore product, L'Oreal's HiP gel eyeliner is on the same level as high-end products. the formula is creamy, long-lasting, and waterproof. sadly, the same cannot be said of the first gel liner I ever purchased, an Avon disaster containing sparkles. in contrast with L'Oreal's product, Avon's product is dry, sticky, and often crumbles during application. the only thing that I do not like about L'Oreal's liner is the brush that is included. it is extremely useless! its bristles are hard, plastic, and do little to facilitate application. you're absolutely better off simply throwing away the brush immediately after purchase, as it will only scrape your eyelids, causing irritation and frustration!

     one more tip regarding the L'Oreal liner: be sure to apply some kind of primer to your lids prior to application. although the liner's staying power without primer is miraculous and appreciated, I would recommend a primer to decrease the likelihood of smudging, particularly if you're an individual with oily skin. also, some kind of make-up remover is a must for this gel liner, as you'll likely spend more than a quick moment attempting to scrub it away when your day is over.

     to the few people who do read my blog, thanks for perusin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment